Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Introduction

In this blog I will be mostly posting my own write-ups; the results of my personal Bible studies. Many of the entries will be from messages I had prepared when I was involved in the Youth ministry at different points in time.
As the above intro to this blog says, every Christian is engaged in a spiritual war all the time. That is why I've named this blog 'Theou Hoplite' which is the rough Greek equivalent of 'God's Soldier'(I hope!) The other reason I chose this name was because all other names were already taken! But I do believe that God is in control of everything, even of naming this blog. I'm sure He had a good reason for this name(so if you dont like this name, don't blame me ;-) !)

I will start by sharing my thoughts about the armour of God as spoken of in Ephesians 6. I will be posting these over a period of a few weeks as the Lord leads me. In addition to this I will also try to post some other studies.
Eventually I hope to see this blog have material on topics as diverse as eschatology, apologetics, poetry, inspirational writings, evangelism, etc. Obviously it will take a while for this to happen.

This is just the first step...

All glory be to the Lord Jesus Christ!

1 comment: